The Goal of the All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Global Education for All is to raise awareness of factors affecting education in developing countries among UK parliamentarians as well as the Government’s obligations to help achieve Sustainable Development Goal 4, Quality Education.
Since the Annual General Meeting of September 2017, we have had eleven office-holding members, with a broader pool of over 50 parliamentarians who remain interested and engaged with our work.
We do this by
- Undertaking bilateral site visits to countries where the UK Government supports the provision of education
- Hosting events in the House of Commons and the House of Lords to raise the profile of education issues among UK parliamentarians
- Working with civil society and academia to disseminate current policy advice and expertise to parliamentary colleagues
- Producing policy documents and briefings
- Engaging with the Department for International Development to make recommendations and suggestions
- Working closely with the Send My Friend to School Campaign
RESULTS UK acts as the group’s secretariat. RESULTS UK is a grassroots-based advocacy organisation that works on the issues of education, health, nutrition and economic opportunities.
RESULTS UK is a charity registered as RESULTS Education in England and Wales (1015286), a company limited by guarantee (2761858), and a charity registered in Scotland (SC041481).