The APPG on Global Education held its Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Wednesday 27th April 2022 in the Jubilee Room in parliament.
Chaired by Harriett Baldwin MP, the meeting began with voting on the election of officers. This resulted in the re-election of the following parliamentarians:
- Co-Chair: Harriett Baldwin MP
- Vice-Chair: Chris Matheson MP
- Vice-Chair: Mike Wood MP
- Vice-Chair: Lord German
- Vice-Chair: Lord Low
- Vice-Chair: Baroness Sugg
- Vice-Chair: Lord McConnell
- Vice-Chair: Marion Fellows MP
The following parliamentarians were also newly elected;
- Co-Chair Yasmine Qureshi MP
- Vice-Chair: Baroness Blower
The full updated APPG membership list is available by emailing: email@example.com
Those in attendance, reviewed the following events which the APPG hosted over the last year:
- APPGs on Global Education/Nutrition for Growth roundtable on education and nutrition.
- APPG and IPNEd parliamentary exchange ahead of GPE replenishment.
- Send my Friend to School Action Day
- International parliamentary exchange event on action to address the global learning crisis.
- Activities around GPE replenishment, including a parliamentary letter to the Prime Minister
Plans for the APPG’s activities over the next year were also discussed with key moments for global education highlighted.
Thank you to all APPG members who joined us for the AGM.