The next two APPG on Global Education events are as follows:
Title: Education in times of conflict and crisis: A roundtable with Education Cannot Wait Executive Director, Yasmine Sherif
Date, time and location: Tuesday 29th November 2022, 13:30 – 14:30, IPU Room, Parliament
This roundtable event will be an opportunity for Members to meet Yasmine Sherif, ECW Executive Director and hear about the Fund’s impact in places like Afghanistan, Ethiopia and Ukraine. They will also be briefed on ECW’s 2023-2026 Strategic Plan and the important role of the UK in helping to reach 20 million children with quality education over the next four years.
- Judith Herbertson, FCDO Head of Girls’ Education Department
- Sarah Amu, UK representative on the Youth For Education in Emergencies (Youth4EiE) Global Youth Panel, supported by ECW & Plan International.
- Anneka and Evie, Send My Friend to School campaigners from a UK secondary school
Title: Foundations First: Maximising the UK’s Impact in Addressing the Learning Crisis, RESULTS UK Report Launch
Date, time and location: Monday 12th December 2022, 14:00 – 15:00, Room P, Portcullis House
With a new government in place, this event offers an opportunity to reaffirm the importance of the UK’s role in addressing the global learning crisis, whereby two thirds of children in low and middle income countries cannot read at age 10. This event will explore opportunities for the UK to achieve greater impact on improving foundational literacy and numeracy outcomes for children impacted by its education programming and investments around the world.
- Andrew Mitchell MP, Minister for Development, FCDO
- Kirsty Newman, Expert in foundational literacy and numeracy for developing countries
- Sikemi Okunrinboye, GPE Youth Advocate
Due to limitations on room capacity, both events are open to parliamentarians only. If you are a parliamentarian, please confirm your attendance RSVP’ing to: appg.globaleducation@results.